"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

On our Way Back to East London

We are on our way home.  It has been a wonderful trip with our daughters and we certainly enjoyed the opportunity to see some of the sites of South Africa with them.

However, the three days we spent as a Mission Presidency was exceptional as we discussed issues that face both the missionaries and those issues that our Branches face.  A large part of the meeting was focused on the latter subject.

It was also nice to spend time with the Hogben’s again because of all the time I worked with him in the Bishopric so many years ago.

I have grown to love President Merrill for his simple understanding of the Gospel of Jesus and his desire to understand the principle that applies and the scripture that backs up the principle.  I know and understand his deep love for the Missionaries and just how much he wants them to succeed not only here in the mission field but also in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment