"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Friday, August 22, 2014

Dad's Birthday

Today would have been my Dad's 86th birthday.  I have thought of him much throughout the course of the day.  Perhaps this is because I am away from my family on this first birthday following his death.  This picture shows a successful day at my Dad’s favorite fishing spot in Southern Utah.   I hope our family remains committed to our annual outing there.  That place will help us maintain Dad’s love of family and his love of the outdoors. 

On this day I would like to remind my family, but especially all my Dad’s grandkids, to remember if you are questioning your path forward, troubled by a decision or an action, all you need do is ask yourself, “What would Grandpa do?”  If you pause for a moment and allow this reflection, you will find your Grandpa’s example and his actions will not lead you astray.  Love to all.  Uncle Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment