"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Visiting the Port Alfred Branch today

We visited the Port Alfred Branch of the church today.  Sister Thomas and I spoke at Church.  Sister Thomas spoke about what we need to do to get more out of Sacrament Meeting and I spoke of beautiful mornings based on a talk by Elder Porter in the April Conference of 2013 combined with comments on the hymn “How Great Thou Art”.

After Church I interviewed three different members for their Temple Recommends.  The branch has a temple trip planned for next week and these members were the final ones that needed to get their recommends.  The branch has about 80 members.  About 25 members are going to the temple.  That shows you the strength of the branch and the commitment of the members.

After Church we had a wonderful lunch with the Wheelers and then drove back to East London.

No comments:

Post a Comment