"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Thomas Family "Great Choosing"

This evening at 10:00 PM I participated with my family in what has been called the “Big Choosing”.  Byron had completed an inventory of Mom and Dads possession (which Trisha helped him type up) and the family had gathered at my parents  home in order to divide up these items between the family.  It was an enjoyable evening that went on for more than two hours.  I found the experience peaceful with no conflict with any of brother and sisters. 

We started the "choosing" with Cindy and then when up and down in order giving each brother and sister the opportunity to choose something.  Most of my brothers and sisters were choosing something that one of their sons or daughters might have wanted.  I was grateful that I was able to pick some of those items that were of interest to my daughters.

I am grateful to my brothers and sisters for the loving way this was done.  I am sure that our Parents looked down with love and gratitude in their hearts for the manner in which it was done.

Finally, I took the pictures above as the evening progressed.  I would like to come to the defense of Uncle Brad who was not taking the time to pick his nose.  His hand was just beginning to gesture to someone to the right of the picture and I just happened to take the picture at the "incorrect" moment.

Uncle Byron carried the phone around from room to room as he showed us what was being picked by my brothers and sisters.  Uncle Brad was very busy as he went from item to item with sticky notes labeling who chose what as things were being picked.  I asked my sisters, who were scurrying around to sit for a moment so I could take their picture.  These two are some of Heavenly Fathers finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment