"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Elder Malpages Birthday Party


Today is not Elder Malpage’s actual birthday but we chose to celebrate it this evening because he is traveling with his companion to do exchanges in Grahamstown on Thursday.  We had the East London Zone and a few Elders from the Mdantsane Zone as well.  Sister Thomas did a good job of cutting a cake in 12 pieces.  Elder Thomas dished up the ice cream as fast as I could.

Sister Thomas asked Elder Malpage what kind of birthday cake his mother made for him as he was growing up and he could not remember any specific traditional cake.  He then asked for the Thomas family traditional cake, so Sister Thomas made my traditional German Chocolate bunt cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment