"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Elder Malpage and Elder Wells come for Dinner


Elders Malpage & Wells come to review material for District Meetings on our computer and we offer them our dinner.  It was a strangely rewarding experience.  They called and asked to come over so they could check on some instructions to the District Leaders for the meeting tomorrow just as Sister Thomas was putting the finishing touches on our meal.  It was an awesome stir fry on rice.  As they were close to us, we decided to offer them some food in exchange for a spiritual message.

I only now understand how rewarding it was for those members of the Church in the Texas South Mission that invited me into their home for dinner and then sat back and watched us eat.  Perhaps it is true when they explained that they had already eaten or they wanted to wait until later to eat or, in fact, they would eat very little because the food they had available was what they used to feed me.  There is something gratifying seeing the Lord’s servants eating the food that you intended to eat yourself.

After the missionaries had left, Sister Thomas whipped up some Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches which was then “The crust was manna to my taste”.  I thank all those worldwide for feeding the missionaries and have given so much more that I have ever even contemplated as they have fed the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment