"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elder Strauss and Elder Marty's Reminder Sign


I thought this would be fun to share.  As we were leaving the boarding of Elder Strauss and Elder Marty’s Flat we noticed this sign.  It is wonderful thought and we should all review this question as we leave for our daily activities.  Did we think to Pray?

However, I love this little note for what it says about young missionaries and what it does not say.  I guess this is the “Guy” gene that is bred into all males.

No fancy flowers or boarders drawn to liven up the picture.  No cute little exclamation marks.  No bright colors to add to the sentiment of the message.  No pictures of a little  boy or little girl down in the corners of the paper shown in prayer.  Forget the fact that it is actually a question, just drop the question mark and make it a command.

To top that all off, it is put up on the door not with some press stick on the back so it looks good.  What is it stuck on with?  Yes, that is right.  It is being held up there with Duct Tape and not one but four pieces.   That little sign will not come down any time soon.

I love the difference between men and a women, but deep down I am grateful for a partner in life and as a companion here in the mission field, for what thoughtful and compassionate service is brought and given as a result of the input of my wonderful wife.  She is a real treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment