"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Monday, September 1, 2014

Golfing at the Fish River Sun

We went golfing on Monday morning at the Fish River Sun.  We only played nine holes but it was very enjoyable.  We played a better ball Scramble competition.  President Merrill and Sister Thomas took on President Wheeler and me.  It was a good match with President and Sister Thomas winning 2 up  with 1 hole remaining.  President Wheeler and I missed a couple of short puts which cost us the game.  You can see President and Sister Thomas enjoying the victory in the pictures.

We ran into several tortoises while golfing.  They were all over the course.  The day was beautiful and you can see the typical clear blue African winter sky out overhead.  The company was a welcome. There are not that many times Sister Thomas will play golf with three Presidents all at the same time.

You could hear “good shot President” all over the golf course but most of those where for the other two Presidents as President Thomas did not bring his A game today.  And there were a lot of “good shot Sister Thomas” especially after she sunk a 30 foot putt!

As I sit here writing this, I have suddenly realized that I owe President Merrill and President Wheeler some money.  I took the total and divided it by three rather than dividing it by four.  I read that as a complement to my thought process that Sister Thomas and I are really “One”.  I will have to recalculate and get the money back to the Merrill’s and Wheelers.

450/3 = 150 and should have been R450/4 = R112.50  then R150 - R112.50 = R37.50.  I will have to pay them back at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment