"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Future Missionaries from the Mthatha Branch


Today was a busy day for us.  In the morning Sister Thomas and I met to discuss and review those issues that I should bring up during the Presidency meeting with Elder Merrill and the APs.  Then we reviewed where we thought some Elders could be placed in the future as the mission complement grows.  The conference call was between 10:00 and 12:00.  We reviewed the above issues and then all those issues that are to be covered on the Mission Leadership Skype Call.  Busy morning.

Then we drove out to Mdantsane to meet with the Bishop of the Mdantsane 1st Ward to review the goals and objectives the ward has set to support the Stake splitting in November of 2015.  This proved to be a fruitful meeting.

We had to rush back to the Church for the Stake Adult Meeting.  It was this meeting that the President had to excuse himself and ask me to sit on the stand.  I ended up being asked by Elder Ellis to field a question about how and what we say if we are speaking to someone considering a same sex marriage.  I guess I did OK.  Sister Thomas commented about how we should be treating each other in the gospel, considering our different cultures and backgrounds.  She challenged everyone to “climb the the higher ground of the Gospel Culture” as Elder Bednar advised.

After the meeting we met up with the members who had driven down from Mthatha.  There were a group of young men from Mthatha who had “Future Missionary” badges on.  I was thrilled to see so many beginning to enter into a commitment.  I pulled in Elder Trepaneir who served in Mthatha while we were in Queenstown for the picture.  The Branch President, Obadia M. Mbilase, is to my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment