"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Friday, February 7, 2014

Elder Lawson's "Click Day"

During lunch after District Meeting today Elder Lawson confirmed his desire to have ice cream floats in honor of today being his “Click Day” or in the terminology used when I was in the mission field his “Hump Day”.  Sister Thomas pointed out that it is also our 4 month click day as well.  As a result, we told the Elders that they would need to bring their desired drink and glass and we would bring the ice cream.  Elder Lawson and Elder Slabbert were assigned to bring the straws.  The story about the supply of the straws is one story you need to ask Elders Lawson and Slabbert to tell you about someday.

There were some strange combinations that ended up being created.  I guess Elder Ngobeni wasn’t listening closely because he bought a waffle which Sister Thomas loaded up with ice cream.  Elder Madsen brought fruit juice which is an interesting twist on an ice cream float.  There was about every other combination between these two.  I think Sister Thomas and I were the only ones with Root Beer.  We were lucky to find some.

The evening ended with Elder Lawson burning an old white shirt which is a tradition with the Elders in the mission.  He did it in style in the Elders’ back yard.  I hope there is not a mission rule about playing with fire.

In the upper left hand corner, beginning with Sister Thomas going clock wise: Sister Thomas, Elders Kintu, Ramat, Lawson, Ndlovu, Lekgoati, Slabbert, Madsen, Pennington, Ngobeni and Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment