"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Service Project - Fixing the Bishops Gate

We went to Sada to work for the day.  While Sister Thomas went Visiting Teaching with Sister Chipo, I was dropped off at the Church where I worked on the Ward Membership Records. I also entered the Home Teaching Visits for the month of February. 

Once Sister Thomas returned to pick me up, we went to the Bishop’s so we could complete a service project that we had wanted to do. It was to fix the gate to his front yard.  It needed the lower hinge raised up so it would swing properly.  It was fairly straight forward to fix and other than the rain, it did not take long to complete this small service project.  It was raining and that is why all the pictures are of me.  Sister Thomas took them from the protection of the car.  However, I need to point out that I was dressed for the work project and Sister Thomas was dressed to go Visiting Teaching.

Providing service is something that we can all do more of.  All we have to do is keep an eye out looking for the opportunities when they arise.  Service opportunities are all around us.

1 comment:

  1. Dad,
    Can you just hear Brody saying either, "Not another Shift." or the Hulk growl to this post!!!! One day he is going to come back to you and say, "Grandpa taught me the best lesson in life, how to work hard and get it done right!"

    ReplyDelete