"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Traveling down to East London to Pick up Elders Lekgoate & Elder Madsen

We traveled down to East London today to pick up our Zone Leaders, Elder Lekgoati and Elder Madsen.  We finally remembered to take a picture of the Thomas River which you cross on the way to East London. There were a group of Elders at the airport meeting the returning Zone Leaders and were there to pick them up or drop off borrowed cars.  We ran into some old friends.  Elder Olyabo and Elder Steele had both served in Queenstown so it was fun to catch up with them.

All the Zone Leaders arrived from Cape Town at 3:30.  We went to a store so Elder Madsen could get some solution for his contacts and so I could go to the Telkom store to check on the installation of our data line.  Not much progress on that front. We then took Elders Lekgoati and Madsen to McDonald's for a late lunch.  It was good but the older I get in life, McDonald’s hamburgers are never as good as I seem to remember.  We arrived back in Queenstown after driving in the rain for much of the way to a pretty sunset on the Western horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment