"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Wendy Miselo"s Mission Call

Today was a full day at Church.  I taught the Priesthood class Lesson 3 in the Joseph Fielding Smith manual on the Plan of Salvation.  After church I taught the Prospective Elders class and I had three in attendance.  The lesson went well and I am hopeful that we are able to put several names forward at the Stake General Priesthood meeting in a couple of months.  Sister Thomas helped out in Primary providing the Sharing and Singing Time.

We then left church and traveled back to the Queenstown chapel to attend the East London Stake Auxiliary Training. Sister Thomas attended the training for the Young Women and I attended the training for Ward Clerks.

The excitement that followed this meeting was special for Sister Thomas and I.  Wendy Miselo, who also attended the Primary training, was handed her mission call from the Stake President.  I spoke to Bishop Xalabile and he said that the Stake President told him (and he had told Wendy one week ago) that it would be delivered today.  Wendy has been sick with excitement to the point she has not been feeling very well all of this past week.  She opened the call on the spot and found she is will be serving in the Ghana Kumasi Mission and that she will report on May 2 to the Ghana Mission Home.  We were very excited for her.

I, Sister Thomas, am especially fond of Wendy.  She has such a strong testimony and commitment to the gospel.  She pretty much single handedly takes care of Primary each week.  She is a counselor in the presidency, but is usually on her own teaching 25 kids in one class, doing the sharing and singing time.  I try to help her when I am not helping in YW.  There have been times when I am sitting up on the stand during Sacrament meeting (I play the organ for the meeting) when I look down and see her and I am so strongly reminded of my daughter, Chelsea.  She even looks like her (ethnicity aside).  Maybe it’s because I can see the missionary in her and it is a look I saw in Chelsea as she was preparing for her mission.  We are very, very happy that Wendy is worthy of this opportunity but will miss her a lot when she leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment