"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Monday, February 17, 2014

Golfing at the Katberg Country Club and Golf Estate

Sister Thomas and I played golf at Katberg Country Club and Golf Estate today.  We had a very enjoyable time and the course was in outstanding condition.  It had rained hard a couple of days ago but the course had dried out and the greens were cut and were very fast.  Carolyn shot 83 and I shot 87.  The Katberg mountain’s were something to see.  This is a place to visit and play if you are ever in the Eastern Cape and you have the time.   The top picture is a panoramic shot, while I was taking it Carolyn ran around behind me and got in the picture twice.

The sky was a wonderful blue with no clouds in it for most of the day.  In fact, we were the only golfers on the course.  It was a nice Monday morning activity.  There were some Springbok on the course.  While we were hitting our second shots on a par five they left over the hill side.  The younger ones “Sprung” across the grass over to the other side of the hill out of sight.  Not sure if that is the correct word but it was a treat.  It is lots of fun to be able to see Springbok spring and bounce across the bushveld/grassland.

No comments:

Post a Comment