"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fixing the chain on Elder's Ramat and Pennington bike and a new head light

I received a call from the Elders Ramat and Pennington requesting some help to fix their bike.  Their chain broke yesterday while the other missionaries had their bikes.  I went to look at the chain yesterday and told Elders Shongwe and Lawson to have them take the bike to the shop first thing on Saturday.  This message was not relayed to the biking Elders.  I took Elders Ramat and Pennington to the bike shop and purchased a new master link.  They help us thread the chain back on the bike and put in the master link at the bike shop. (R15.00)

While there I discovered that one of the head lights had been stolen over two weeks ago.  I ask Elder Pennington if, as a new missionary, he was comfortable with breaking the rules?  He exclaimed that he was not!  I asked Elder Ramat if after being on a mission for 16 months if he was now getting used to breaking the rules.  He exclaimed "No!"  So I asked them how they reconcile their attitudes with the fact the they have been driving without lights for two weeks? 

They hung their heads in repentant shame.  I bought them a new light and asked them to call me quickly if they have a problem in the future.  I also gave hugs afterward to "show greater love".  (See D&C 121)  You can see Elder Pennington pointing to his companion Elder Ramat and Elder Ramat pointing to the newly installed front light.

While I was doing this, Sister Thomas was home baking 12 dozen cupcakes for the missionary fireside to be held after church on Sunday.  Sorry no pictures of that.  We will have to get some pictures of the finished product tomorrow at the fireside.

No comments:

Post a Comment