"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

We Finally get to Meet up with Elder Taylor at Zone Conference

During this Zone conference we were able to catch up with Elder Taylor.  We had a home in Salt Lake City in the same ward as Elder Taylor prior to his mission call just over a year ago. 

You can see him with his Zone doing a Missionary version of the Hakka.  I am not sure his Mother would like his suit jacket tied around his waist but he had a small problem with his pants and was trying to stay modest.

We have a special fondness for Elder Taylor because of a connection to him through our Son-in-Law, Jeff Cutrer, who was his Young Men’s President in the Draper 10th ward. 

It was fun to sit back and watch this new generation of leaders with this group of young men as they prepared them to serve our Heavenly Father.  This young man is the outcome of a dedicated group of leaders who attended the Temple once a week with their young men and where they studied Preach My Gospel as the lesson manual for all Priests in the ward. 

It was also interesting to watch my grandsons as they looked up to Elder Taylor.  As with all Young Men President's, the young men in the ward were always in and out of the Cutrer's home.  I wonder if Elder Taylor knows how much his serving a mission means to my Grandsons?  I am grateful to him for helping set a missionary example for my grandkids.  May they follow in Elder Taylor's, as well as their father's footsteps, and someday serve a mission. 

Elder Taylor is an excellent missionary who is currently serving as  Zone Leader in Mdansane. Is there anyone with a more infectious smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment