"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Missionary Fireside Cupcakes


As explained yesterday, Sister Thomas spent most of her Saturday morning in the kitchen baking 12 dozen cupcakes for the Missionary Fireside that was held today after Church.  I failed to take a picture of her baking yesterday morning or of Elder Palelei & Elder Smith who came over to our apartment last night and helped Sister Thomas spread the icing on all 12 dozen.  Actually, I was surprised as they had quite the delicate touch as they spread the icing.  This is the Elders helping Sister Thomas pass them out following the fireside.  Everyone thought Sister Thomas’ cupcakes were worth the wait.

We (all the missionaries) taught the fireside on “Enduring to the End”.  We showed an excerpt from a talk by President Uchtdorf on “Enduring to the End,” all of the October 2012 talk by Elder Holland titled “The Great Commandment” and a Mormon Channel video titled “You have done it unto me” with discussions in-between on what it means to endure to the end.    It was a powerful message on the love we should have for the Savior.  “Peter, do you love me?”  As a result of our love for the Savor, while we serve and as we magnifying our callings, we should feel as if enduring to the end is not work or drudgery but an act love.  “Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment