"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
A New Oven for Elders Henderson and Murphy
Elder and Sister Boyce,
How brave are you? Here are the directions to the church.
1. When leaving the Engen gas station turn right.
2. On the first road turn right.
3. Down this road Sada is on your left.
4. Turn left on the last paved road into Sada.
5. You will know your on the right road if you come to an unpainted speed bump about 400 yards up this road.
6. Follow the paved road and you will go through a concrete drainage ditch. Go through it.
7. Continue on the paved road and turn left (on the paved road) just after the speed bump that everyone drives around.
8. Follow the paved road through another concrete drainage dip and turn right (on the paved road)
9. Turn left on the next road it is also a paved road.
10. The church is 100 yards up on the right.
They found it following these directions. Sadly, I did not get a picture of them while they were in Sada.
Later we delivered a new stove to Elders Henderson and Murphy. Their stove had given up the ghost and while the oven part still worked, the large burner did not. That is what they use most of the time. (The Elders are not large “oven” users.) They were thrilled to be back in business so they could cook their own food. However, Sister Thomas made them wash the table and the wall behind the oven and then gave detailed instructions on how to keep it clean. I am sure that the Elders next inspection will focus on the cleanliness of this new appliance. Sometimes, I feel a bit sorry for the Elders with Sister Thomas around.