"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Visit to the Fourways and North Riding Wards

We attend church on Sunday in the Fourways and North Riding wards.  In fact, both of the wards in the building were meeting at the same time to watch the General Conference.  I attended the Priesthood Session where I was extremely impressed with the talk given by Elder Oaks on the power and keys of the priesthood.

Later, we attended the other conference sessions.  In-between the sessions we were able to reconnect with our extended church family in South Africa.  It is a joy to see what were once young men and women who have become leaders in the church.

You can see some of the Hamiltons, Haskells, Youngs, Milnes, and De Cocks. Sister Mary, one of the first black members of the church in the area, is still there looking as young as ever. I wish we could have had the time to get a picture of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment