"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Monday, April 21, 2014

Family Home Evening with the Canti's and Elders Cathemer and Pennington

Elders Cathemer and Pennington invited us to come the the Canti’s for Family Home Evening.  We gave the lesson on “Ndingumntwana Ka Thixo” or “I am a Child of God”.  We showed Lambert the Sheepish Lion and then helped them understand who they are.  Sister Thomas gave them a handout that they could take home to color.  She challenged them to look in the mirror each morning when they are brushing their teeth and say out loud, “Ndingumntwana Ka Thixo”.  We were practicing saying this while they were waving their papers during this picture.

A funny thing happened during this Family Home Evening.  I need to say that the Canti’s open their home to all the neighborhood children for Family Home Evening each week.  Only four of the kids in the room are Canti’s all the rest are neighbors.  During this experience I had a distinct impression of the future fruits of the Canti’s efforts.  I expressed gratitude to them for the work they were doing.

In the throng of kids you can see Elders Cathemer and Pennington on the couch.  It was again an enjoyable experience. 

1 comment:

  1. i love this picture!!! What a awesome sight thank you for your blog!! we love hearing about our boy
    love the Cathemers

    ReplyDelete