"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Early Thanksgiving with the Senior Couples in the Eastern Cape


The Senior Couples came to Port Alfred to enjoy Thanksgiving today.  It is a week early but Elder and Sister Wheeler have family coming next week so we are meeting a week early.  We had a wonderful dinner and then I presented a spiritual message on Faith.  The Senior Couples joined in and actually trained themselves.  I was able to just lead the discussion.  I spoke about the grandeur of the universe, the number PI, and developing more faith.  It was a good discussion.

After that we played some games.  Sister Wheeler had everyone say two truths and one lie about themselves.  It was a good way to get to know each other.   Then we had PIE for supper.  We had blueberry/blackberry pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin crumble, banana cream pie, german chocolate pie and sour cream lemon pie.  A sweet ending to a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment