"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Trisha Arrives for a Visit


Trisha arrived in East London for a short visit.  It was raining when she arrived so the only picture that I got at the airport was this rather strange picture of Sister Thomas and Trisha Cutrer through the front window of the car.  By the time we arrived to our flat in Gonubie, the rain had let up.

I cannot express how excited it was to have a daughter come all this way to spend a few days with us.  I wonder if this is how our parents felt each year when we traveled all that way back to the United States from South Africa.  Now all these years later, one of our daughters travels all that way back here to South Africa to visit us.  A strange turn of events.  I would guess that our parents were so excited to see us because we brought their grandchildren back to visit them.

We are grateful to have our daughter here for a couple of days.  We will be taking her with us as we perform our labors so she can see what we do and also experience where and how the Elders live.  We see that joyful, sorrowful, painful look in this mother’s eyes, when we ask here how long it is until her oldest son is ready to leave on his mission.  Right now that is about four years away.

No comments:

Post a Comment