"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Saying goodbye to Trisha at the East London Airport


Dropping Trisha at the airport this morning was a special but sorrowful experience.  As she was checking in, I spoke to the attendant and ask her if she would make sure that South Africa Airline would take special care of this special daughter of ours.  At that point she said of course she would and both she and Trisha began to get teary eyed.

Trisha is a special daughter of our Heavenly Father and we are grateful that she was able to come and visit us for a while.  I could see that she was thrilled to be here but she was very mindful of her husband and children at home who were struggling along without her.  She was missing them and wanted to be home as well.  Believe me, after being on a mission for 13 months, we know it is difficult to be in two places at one.

We wished her well and then a nice stranger waiting to catch the plane volunteered to take a picture of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment