"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stake Conference in the East London Stake

Today was Stake Conferece.  We also attended the Saturday afternoon and evening sessions where President Bell ask me to speak to 2 minutes.  I bore my testimony about the need for members to work with the missionaries in order to individually help with the goals of splitting the stake one year from today.

The Sunday session was actually a prerecorded video where Elder Robert C. Gay, Sister Jean A. Stevens, Elder David A. Bedbar and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke.  Each of them provided a wonderful message on living the whole gospel of Jesus Christ and when required, leaving prior traditions behind.  They specifically spoke of having large weddings and paying the traditional Labola, spending too much on funerals and delaying marriage.

Sister Thomas is shown with the members who are departing from Conference with a Pumpkin Pie spice mix and recipe that she was delivering to the KWT Elders.  I also managed to get a picture of the East London 3rd Ward Elders who had parked close to us.  Shown are: Elder Crowell, Ludvigson, Pitsoane and Monyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment