"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Trisha and Mom with Leapords and Elephants

The Senior Couples Skype call was held today at 10:00.  In this meeting we are given the chance to discussion items of interest to all the Senior Couples.  We also shared the results of the Mission Leadership Council.  I was quite pleased with the outcome of the meeting and did receive several emails offering support.

Once the conference call was completed, we went to the Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve with Trisha to ride the Elephants and to see some Cheetahs.  It was a special afternoon and we are grateful that we could share it with Trisha.  Our daughter has always had a special fear of cats.  These rather large “kittens” made her nervous more that a just a little bit.  When one of them moved just a bit quick it bought a little scream from her.

The Elephant ride was fun.  As it turned out, there were not enough care takers and I was given the opportunity to walk along with Sister Thomas and Trisha as they rode on the Elephants.  In fact, I think that my walk alongside was better that riding along with them.  Our young guide, Brandon,  was a wonderful young man who had attended Jeppies Boys High in Johannesburg.   

No comments:

Post a Comment