"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Elder Cook does not make it to Port Alfred and we Pitch in to Help


While we were in Port Alfred, Elder Cook, the Africa South East Area President was due to visit the small Branch of Port Alfred.  Unfortunately, his travel schedule changed and President Wheeler found out on Saturday evening at around 7:30 that he would not be coming.

As it turns out, it was good that we had planned several weeks ago to come to Port Alfred to have the training meet with the Branch Presidency.  President Wheeler put us all to work along with the Missionaries.  Sister Thomas was asked to play the piano, the Missionaries were as to be the first two speakers and I concluded by speaking on “What Gift Will You Give?” to the Savior as a present this Christmas season.

I am sure I was a poor substitute for Elder Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment