"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Visiting an Aaronic Priesthood Holding as he come outs of the Bush


President Wheeler had four of his Young Men come back from the Bush on Saturday.  We joined them as they visited two of these families today.  There was much celebration and way to much to drink for some of the non-LDS family members.  At one home one of the uncles told me he wanted me to know that when I pass away he wanted Sister Thomas.  An interesting experience.

At one place they fed us all some food.  They filled the plates with meat, veggies, and samp and a cool drink.  It was way to much food for all of us.

Culturally, this was a wonderful experience.  President Wheeler and I went into to the room where they were staying and offered some words of wisdom to the young men.

Our thanks to the Wheelers for inviting us along for the afternoon.  Later in the evening the Cooks arrived and we had dinner together.

Over dinner Elder Cook shared an experience he had with President Packer when he was first called as a Seventy.  The story about the first Stake Conference that Elder Cook was responsible for and which Elder Packer chose to join him was very special training for me.  I better understood the necessity of having a humble and almost desperate need for the blessing and influence of the Holy Ghost.  We need to understand when we have no where else to look, we can, in our hour of need, rely on the influence and help of this member of the Godhead.  This was a very enjoyable meal and the company and teachings were very special.  I will forever be grateful for the Wheeler’s invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment