"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Friday, May 30, 2014

Cake, Wood Glue, and Fixing the Elders Couch

On Friday evening at 8:00 we went over to the Elders’ flat to fix their broken couch.  When the big Australian, Elder Tennant, came to visit for Zone Conference he stayed at C2 flat and when he sat down on the couch, it simply broke apart under his weight.  It will take some serious glue and screws to fix this up. We went there so the Elders could help me reassemble and glue the couch back together. 

When I requested their help, the Elders were very willing to help but also concluded that “wood glue dries better if it is applied while eating cookies”.  I explained this to Sister Thomas so she made a Hummingbird cake which the Elders said this was her best one yet.

Glueing the couch back together with the Elders was a good experience but it was interesting to see some Elders with a drill in their hands for the first time.  We did get the couch together and it will live to see another day.  We will have to wait for when Elder Tennant comes back for a visit to see just how good our repair job has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment