"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wendy Departs at the Airport in East London

We joined Wendy’s family at the airport as she was departing.  It was a special time for us to be with them.  Actually, the family left very early in the morning from Sada and drove down and spent time at Hemmingways Mall and also went to the beach and went for a swim.  They then came to the church and got changed in to Sunday clothes for the setting apart and the trip to the airport.

It was nice to see Wendy spend time with her brothers and sisters and mom as they said their good byes.  We certainly wished Wendy well and pray that she will be a faithful and obedient missionary.

We returned home I looked up the information on the Missionary Training Center in Accra.  I sent an email to the email address for the MTC asking them to let us know when Wendy arrives safety. I wanted to let Wendy’s mother know that she had arrived and was safely in the MTC in Ghana.  We did exchange several messages back and forth from the MTC President.  I thought I would record them here.

To the MTC
My wife and I are serving as a MLS Senior Couple in the South African Cape Town Mission.  We are serving in the Sada Ward where Sister Miselo attended prior to her entering the mission field. 

Sister Miselo's family actually lives in a small village up in the mountains just outside the small town of Wittlesea.  This is the first missionary to leave from the Miselo family and it is the first time Sister Miselo has traveled outside South Africa.

I was wondering if you could email me back and simply confirm Sister Miselo safe arrival? I will be driving up to her village over this weekend and I would like to let her mother know that all is well and that Sister Miselo has arrived in Ghana and is at the MTC.
Elder & Sister Thomas

Elder Thomas
The plane has landed but we have not seen any of the passengers come through immigration yet.  It is after 3:30 p.m. here.
President Robison

President Robison
Thanks for the feedback.  I was with her and saw her board the plane to Johannesburg from East London.  Hopefully, she is just coming through customs.  Please let me know some time tomorrow so I can let her Mom know.
Elder Thomas

Elder Thomas
Sister Miselo just made it through immigration and they have her with them in the van.  I will be interviewing her in one hour.  Is she endowed?  Please tell her mom she is fine and safely here.
Best wishes,
President Robison
Ghana MTC

President Robison
Yes, she is endowed.  We went with her to the Johannesburg Temple.  We also made sure she has all the necessary vaccinations except chicken pox because that was not available in South Africa.  You will immediately love her.  We certainly do.
Elder and Sister Thomas

Elder & Sister Thomas
We immediately loved her.  She is great.  Contagious smile and will serve well in the Ghana Kumasi Mission.  She said that she is happy to be here and feels at home already.  Please tell her mother that she arrived safely and is enjoying this.  She said her mother must have been worried.  Please tell her she loves her so much.  Please tell Awo, Siphenati, and Gcobani, Sihyle and Lisa she loves them too…the others are smaller and would not get this message.
President Robison

President
Surely we will pass this message along to her family.  Our hearts are a bit sore.  We might not see Wendy again because by the time she has completed an honorable mission Sister Thomas and I will have completed our mission and returned home.  We will hope that our paths cross in the future someday.
Our best regards
Elder and Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment